The Empire Strikes Back

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. I call it luck. Dantooine. They're on Dantooine.

The Rebel Force

What good is a reward if you ain't around to use it? Besides, attacking that battle station ain't my idea of courage. It's more like…suicide. I'm surprised you had the courage to take the responsibility yourself. I find your lack of faith disturbing.

• All right. Well, take care of yourself, Han. I guess that's what you're best at, ain't it?
  • Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them.
  • In my experience, there is no such thing as luck.

Attack of the Clones

Partially, but it also obeys your commands. I call it luck. Don't act so surprised, Your Highness. You weren't on any mercy mission this time. Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by Rebel spies. I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you.

A New Hope

I call it luck. I find your lack of faith disturbing. Escape is not his plan. I must face him, alone. The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.

1. I call it luck.
  2. I'm surprised you had the courage to take the responsibility yourself.
  3. As you wish.
Attack of the Clones

Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense. I don't know what you're talking about. I am a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan-- I don't know what you're talking about. I am a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan-- You are a part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! Take her away! Still, she's got a lot of spirit. I don't know, what do you think?